What is the Power Saver Rewards Program?
The Power Saver Rewards Program is a free program offered by Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) that rewards participants for temporarily reducing energy use when the demand for electricity is high.
Make a Difference
Power Saver Rewards events may occur from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on select hot summer days between May 1 and October 31. Notifications will be sent to you the day before an event and will remind you of the hours to reduce your energy use. By participating in events, you’ll join others in your community working together to help ensure that California is using clean and reliable energy. Make a difference by turning your thermostat to 78 degrees or higher (health permitting), turning off lights not in use and giving your appliances a break – every action matters.
If you reduce your energy use from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on select hot summer days when demand for electricity is high, we will reward you. Receive a credit on your bill after the program season for helping on days when California’s energy grid needs it the most.
Am I Eligible?
To participate, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an electric service customer of PG&E or a customer of a Community Choice Aggregator (CCA) participating in the program (Sonoma Clean Power customers are not eligible)
- Have a SmartMeter
- Not be enrolled in a conflicting PG&E or non-utility energy reducing, peak hour program (with the exception of SmartRate™). To learn more about your options, visit pge.com/easygreen.
Some PG&E customers are automatically enrolled by order of the California Public Utilities Commission, decision D.21-12-015. They include:
- California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program customers
- Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) Program customers
- Select customers signed up to receive PG&E Home Energy Reports
Learn more about the Power Saver Rewards Program
It’s easy – enroll and be rewarded for reducing your energy use.
Stay Connected with the ClimateResponse® App!
Track your energy use and bill credit earnings, get helpful tips on how to save energy, and get notified about Power Saver Rewards events by downloading the ClimateResponse® app by Olivine.
Get the mobile app on the App Store and Google Play or access the web version here.